After a long conversation with our teachers and managing team, we’ve decided to make the hard decision to drastically minimize our in person schedule and move to mostly offering our services online.
We understand that many of you were hoping we would continue to offer our classes as normal but I feel that with the information we now have about the spread of the virus, the only responsible thing for us to do is to severely limit interactions.
We will continue to offer ONE IN PERSON CLASS DAILY in each location. These will continue to have restrictions on how many people can attend and we are still NOT LENDING ANY PROPS, OR RENTING OUT MATS.
Please know that this decision to keep one in-person class daily could change again very soon. If/when that happens, those classes will also be moved to our online livestream schedule.
What you need to know:
- All members have full access to Livestream classes
- If you currently have a class card or a new student special you will also be able to use it for access to our livestream
- If you do not have an active membership or class card it will prompt you to pay a drop-in rate of $15
- We will continue to offer our “by donation” classes at 12 noon Mon-Fri and 12:30pm on Sat at a rate of $10.
- We will Livestream FREE Meditation 1-1:30pm Mon-Fri
- Registration for live streaming classes can be done through the Mindbody App or on our website just like any of our regular classes.
- Please select “All Locations” to see all online classes
- You must sign up in advance for all online classes. Class registration will close 15 minutes prior to the start of class. We will not be able to send you the class link if you are not registered by this time.
- Classes will be held on Zoom.us. We recommend that you download zoom or the zoom app into your computer or phone ahead of your first livestream class. Please take a moment to situate yourself with Zoom before joining a class.
- We will email login info to all students registered into each class about 10-15 minutes before class start time. Please be sure your email and cell phone info is up to date on your Mindbody Online profile.
- We have set up zoom so you will automatically be muted as you join the class.
- There will be no refunds for online classes.
We also know how much you count on gathering in community when you come to class so we want to maintain that ability for teachers and students to connect in class even if virtually. We need connection more than ever during strange times like these. Even though you will be muted as you join the class, the teacher will have the ability to unmute students if desired.
We want to also acknowledge that during times of crisis the most vulnerable members of our community suffer the most. We ask that you follow the guidelines of social distancing through the eyes of solidarity and compassion. There is plenty we can be doing to help and take care of each other and still be safe.
Here is some information that came from Sen Robert Jackson that might be of interest to anyone willing to be of help to the community:
MUTUAL AID IN OUR COMMUNITIES
All indicators suggest our communities will be encouraged to practice social distancing and possibly more extreme containment measures for the foreseeable future. These measures are going to take a toll on the physical and emotional wellbeing of all kinds of people. My staff and I are committed to supporting the communities in our district and beyond.
Adapting the grassroots model of mutual aid developed in response to natural disasters, we are calling on any interested community members to fill out this form for us to reach out about holding a phone call Monday at 12:30pm to start coordinating plans. Here are some of the ideas for what a mutual aid effort could do:
- Elder care and meaningful socializing-at-a-distance
- Childcare for essential workers like healthcare professionals
- Support for homeless people
- Grocery runs and prescription pick-up for immunocompromised and disabled people and their families
- Mental health first aid and individual or group therapy sessions by affinity group with licensed practitioners
- At-home extracurriculars for children including tutoring services, music lessons, yoga classes, etc.
- Cooking classes
- Emergency fund for vulnerable workers
- Keeping a pulse on local healthcare infrastructure
If you’re able to pitch in, fill out the form to indicate your interest.
Sending love to everyone and looking forward to seeing your faces online.
Marcela and the B&Y Team