Dear Bread and Yoga Community,
As you know, your health and wellbeing is of utmost importance to us and we want to make sure that we are keeping a healthy and safe environment for everyone.
Given the concerns many have of the evolving Coronavirus (Covid-19) situation, we want you to know that we are closely monitoring the situation and are following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations. According to the CDC, immediate risk of this virus to the American public is believed to be low; however, they encourage everyone to be prepared in the event the condition should change.
In general, the best defense to viral infections of this nature are the same common sense hygiene practices that should be considered every flu season.
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with some every-day personal and public health preventative actions as indicated by the CDC:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
We are also taking some common sense measures at the studio to keep you safe:
- Though we are mindful of our use of disposable paper products and how it affects our impact on the environment, we are switching to paper towels instead of cloth hand towels at both studios (effective 3/5).
- We will continue to thoroughly clean and sanitize our rental mats and they will continue to be available for rental. With that said, we recommend that you consider bringing your own mat for class for the next few weeks as a way to minimize any chance of transmission.
- We will continue to be diligent in keeping all studio surfaces clean at all times.
- We will add a few bottles of hand sanitizer to both locations as an extra precaution. Please understand that hand washing is still the best preventive action.
The CDC has issued different levels of travel advisory for several international destinations. You can find the list here. We ask that if you have traveled to any of these locations, or any other location the CDC adds if the list is expanded, to self-quarantine upon return for 14 days before returning to classes at Bread and Yoga.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will send updates as needed.
Thank you in advance for being part of the B&Y family and helping us keep our community healthy and safe.
Marcela Xavier and the Bread and Yoga Team