We are super excited to announce the next…
OM GROWN TEEN VARIETY SHOW!
On Friday, November 15th at 7pm, Bread and Yoga, in association with Buunni Coffee, will produce an hour long evening of TEEN live performances made up of several short pieces from different genres — music, sketch, performance art, short plays, short films, dance, movement, spoken word, etc. at Buunni Coffee in Inwood – 4961 Broadway. We plan to add this event to the 2019 Uptown Art Stroll Guide.
WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS. The Deadline is November 8th.
We are looking for fun material from intriguing, local teen artists and beyond. We lean toward material that is risky, experimental, inventive, probing, thoughtful, idealistic, and with a sense of humor.
• Applicants must be between ages 12-17
• Proposals can range from short plays to sketch to performance art to movement to dance to short films to musical performers to spoken word to the bizarre, sublime, silly, or serious.
• Pieces can vary in length but may not exceed 5 minutes.
• The performance space is small. We encourage solo, duo and small group performances.
• We will give priority to original works but covers are welcome.
• All material should be thoroughly rehearsed. We discourage readings.
• This is not a talent show. It is a well curated evening of performance showcasing highly talented uptown teens. Be ready to do and show your best.
• We plan to have a brief technical rehearsal in the space same day as the performance. It is essential that all performers are present at the tech rehearsal as we will be going over all transitions.
• All participants should report to the venue at 5pm sharp on the day of the performance for a run through/tech rehearsal. Performance begins at 7pm.
• The house will open at 6:30pm before the show so the audience and the performers can mingle, purchase food and drink, and socialize.
• As this is for all intents and purposes a family friendly fun community event, we graciously request that all performers and participants make themselves available to help with set up and clean up. Should be easy as we are keeping it all simple.
• Sound – Musicians should expect to bring their own gear/instruments. Miic and sound system will be available for all sound needs.
• Props/ Set Pieces – Performers should bring any props needed for their performance.
• Video – if there are any short films or video elements included in the evening, a projector will be available.
• We are accepting submissions from anyone interested in participating as long as they meet the application and time limit requirements. Preference will be given to local performers, artists and filmmakers. Only well prepared and rehearsed submissions will be considered.
• Music and performance art submissions should be done by video by uploading videos to this dropbox link — or by emailing material to email@example.com with a link to your online music or videos. All spoken word and short plays/skits should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Acceptance emails will go out by Nov 10th.